Difference Between A Need And A Want
A need refers to something that you can’t survive without. On the other hand, a want refers to something that you are interested in getting or having.
6 Basic Needs
- Water – Water is needed for drinking purposes, bathing, washing clothes, washing utensils, washing hands, brushing teeth, cleaning spills and cooking.
- Food – Meals typically consist of breakfast, lunch and dinner. To maintain optimal health, we need a balanced diet such as fruits, vegetables, meat, grains. If we don’t eat, we will not have the energy to work productively.
- Shelter – To protect ourselves and family, it is important for us to have proper housing that enables us to carry out daily activities including sleeping.
- Clothing – We need clothes to protect our physical body from dust, germs, bacteria, everyday activities and injuries.
- Job – Without a proper source of income we cannot satisfy our basic needs which are necessary for our survival.
- Health Care – It is important to have the ability to get proper health care when necessary.
- Looking Good – Wearing beautiful clothes, jewellery, going to a salon, going to a gym, getting a manicure, pedicure, shaving, plastic surgery.
- Feeling Good – Being entertained such as watching the television, going to a movie, seeing a play, playing video games, watching sports, travelling, eating out, and getting a massage.
- Physical Items To Make Life Easier – Buying a television, computer, getting the internet, buying a radio, microwave, washing machine, cell phone, cars, motorbikes, boats, air conditioner, vacuum, and a digital camera.